Karaoke System setup

Hi I'm new w/ the audio stuff and can't figure out how to set up my karaoke system proper.. I have the following

Klispch RF-52

Pioneer Elite SC -25

Karaoke Mixer..

Karaoke Player

I put the karaoke plug into the --> Karaoke Mixer ---> Mixer into the Pioneer Elite Reciever..... Speaker are plug into the reciever w/ banana plugs.

My Pionner Reciever keep having an "OVER" keep appearing ON n OFF on the SCREEN...... Is it something wrong w/ my setup? My Receiver can't handle the audio INPUT??? or is it my SPeaker that can't handle the AUDIO OUTPUT.... I"M totally confuse and lost....someone help please...

Let's narrow things down a bit. Does the the receiver work ok with just the Klipsches plugged into it? Do the tuner and cd player work at the same volume levels as the karaoke player? What are the outputs from the mixer called and what do the plugs look like? What are the inputs you're using on the Pioneer look like and what are they called? Finally the big one - is is possible you are just trying to run the system too loud?

Let us know and we can go from there.

Bob A.

Watching tv seem fine..something i just see an "OVER" display on the pioneer elite screen.. is that suppose to be normal or it like a warning for being too loud? i usually keep it at medium volume and sometime it still say "OVER"

This is the Mixer i'm using. Link BELOW

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VOCOPRO-DA-X10-KARAOKE-MIXER-MACHINE-VOICE-ENHANCER-/400213728903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2e98de87#ht_2745wt_948

using a standard audio/video cable..nothing fancy Yellow/WHITE/RED plugs into the reciever.

THE Karaoke System is plug into the mixer using standard Yellow/WHITE/Red cables.. When i sing..the music doesn't match w/ the voice. The voice delay after the music. while u are singing..so it doesn't sound in tune...

Speakers just sound like it pops (don't know if that the right term to describe it) after a certain beat or something..don't know if my wiring is wrong or my hookup or i'm using cheap stand audio cables.. I have 12 gauage speaker wires w/ banana plugs that people have suggested me to buy n use. but the end result was still the same.

Is it happening when singing or just listening to the background music? If during singing, it is easy to have transients that may push the system into overload. That is one reason a lot of people say not to use a home stereo system for live sound.

See page 93 of your Pioneer's Owners Manual:

Reducing the level of an analog signal

The input attenuator lowers the input level of an analog

signal when it’s too strong. You can use this if you find

that the OVER indicator lights often or you can hear

distortion in the sound.1

SC-27:

I was also wondering. My subwoofer has an white/red line in ports. i plug the audio cable white/red into the line in port. the other end of the audio cable into the receiver. i was looking for an subwoofer port on the receiver..but i only saw an red port that was label "subwoofer" i plug the red into it.. What do i do w/ the white? do i just plug it into the white port above it? but it doesn't label subwoofer.

Top right audio ports

Front, Center, Surround, Back Surround.

Subwoofer red point is under the Center.. what to do w/ the white?

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/pioneer_elite_sc_25_2.jpg

Use only one wire from Subwoofer out at receiver to one of the connectors on the sub. Most manuals I have seen say to use left (I don't think it really makes a difference which sub input you use, doesn't on my SVS sub). Don't use any other receiver output EXCEPT the subwoofer one.

It keep saying "OVER" on the receiver..i think i'm just goin to sell them now..n get a different one made for karaoke..

Ok, but most likely what ever you buy will be OVER driven when you connect all that Karaoke high gain stuff in line unless you use commercial products.

Just for grins try following the instruction manual and lowering the analog input. I bet it reduces or removes your distortion problem. If so then you need to get amps and speakers that can handle that sort of thing. I went over to a friend of my Mother-in-Law to check out her Karaoke problem. She had blown every driver in the system.