and movie via a HDMI hookup. I sold my chorus II speakers when I bought
the rf-7's and I wish I would not for I felt the chorus were much fuller
and richer sounding especially in the vocal's. My knowledge is limited
and I am trying to get better educated, so here are my questions and any
advice would be appreciated. Is my amp a good amp for Klipsch, Am I
ever going to be satisfied with the RF-7'S (my original thought in
buying them was so my surround would be better matched) OR should I go
back to a cornscalla or klipschorn design. Nothing worse than spending
money to upgrade and feel like you went backwords.

Henry,

Sorry you are not completely satisfied with your new RF-7II setup. From my understanding, your Yamaha RX-Z11 is more neutral sounding than past Yamahas receivers which have been known to be on the brighter side of neutral especially with horns. I also have heard that Klipsch has tamed the highs a bit with the new RF-7II's. Smoother up top while retaining potent mids and thumpy lows.

Remember this also, the Chorus is a 3-way and hard to beat in the midrange where most vocals are produced.

Have you maybe considered introducing a warmer amp to go with your Yamaha as a pre/pro?

Here is my suggestion:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1311264987&/B-K-Reference-7270-series-II

Very good price for a high current warmish 7-channel amp.

Bill

I think this is a case of having good equipment but the two are just not working good together, or they are not doing what you want them to do. I have not heard either the RF-7II or your Yamaha receiver so it's hard for me to recommend something. In a case like yours I would usually recommend trying some cables that will tip the sound in the direction you want to go. That is the cheapest solution at this point. If you are using zip cord for speaker wire, I would try some Audioquest Type 4 for a fuller/smoother midrange.

All the guys are going to wave the BS flag at this point but what other 200 dollar cure do you guys recommend?

What would I expect to gain with the B&K

As many on this forum are aware, I am sold on B&K amps. They have a warmer presentation with very define mids and tamer(but still articulate) in the highs, which( I think) mates very well with the Klipsch signature "brightness". Plenty of punch down low. The build quality is top shelf with a ton of high current reserves on tap to drive your entire RF-7II system with ease.

Let me make this clear again, I am not a B&K sales rep.[:D] Besides they were recently aquired by ATI.

Bill