U2 elevation DVD

toddvj

I read the post further down and thought I'd start a new one rather than being tied to that one. First off, U2 is not my favorite band, but I don't see how anyone could not like them. I would love to see them in concert, never wanted to before, but after watching this disc, I will see them next time they're in town. On to my question... On this disc, when I go to set list, I can only select tracks 1-10. If I want track 14 I have to go to 10 and hit skip 4 times. Am I missing something on the menu? I don't usually sit down and watch a whole concert video, just a couple tracks at a time. If anyone knows the secret, please let me know. Don't reply just to say U2 sucks, please.

------------------

My Home Theater

• 2 months later...

u2-rattle and hum dvd-GREAT audio(although i found myself radically ajusting the sub level as they went from one recording venue to another) really good video,especially some of the black and white footage.

gonna check this one out too..avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

i 2 greatly appreciate U2. sure they've gone somewhat pop but what band hasn't unless they're a bunch of idealists or masochists. Biggrin.gif

i really admire them because they worked real hard to get where they are. use to come to my dinky college town & play quite a few times thru the year in these lil seedy honky tonks when i was in school in the 70s.

& love "angel of harlem" & their version of "helter skelter". cwm35.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 07-15-2002 at 09:31 PM

I've always liked U2. I'm not a fanatic but I have some of their work. I respect them. If my memory is correct I think they had their first album released when most of them were in their teens. Bono is likeable in his own strange way. He wrote the story for the movie The Million Dollar Hotel that starred Mel Gibson and Milla Jovovich. Definitely for special tastes but I liked it. Beleive it or not the drummer,Larry Mullen,runs the show in that band.At least that's what I saw Bono say.In fact he also said that Mullen was the reason he was in the band in the first place.There's and old saying.If you don't have a good drummer . You don't have a good band. U2 is a good band. Adios.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Oh Yeah Clu. You're soooooooooooo right.

You can smash him, crash him,

Slice him and dice him

AND the B-man just keeps on banging them out !

....................Smash.gif

.....................Mad.gif

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

BBB-

Enough of the veg-o-matic action! I think I need to go outside and get stoned before I try to figure out what's going on here. Oh, BTW, for the P.C. or the "context challenged" I mean I'm going outside and let the neighbors throw rocks, and faggots at me. (that iron really smarts) They are all lined up and ready...seems they didn't like some of the explicit lyrics that I blasted over the stereo this weekend.

cwm29.gif

BTW, was intrigued enough to order the DVD...we'll see

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-17-2002 at 05:53 PM

True... "Rattle and Hum" is one of my favorite DVD's. Just crank up "Bad", and it will move your soul. The bass during that song is amazing. And I love the way they begin "Where the Streets Have No Name" as the first bit of color in the video with the deep background hues and then explode into the overhead panning helicopter shot as the intro ends. Wonderful.

Still waiting to get "Elevation" on DVD from Amazon. I'll let you know.

What are you talking about Clu ? We ain't got no

veg-o-matics around here.We don't need no stinkin'

veg-o-matics. Now if you stay outside too long you may run into a predator or two. That's when a veg-o-matic

of a different sort may come in handy.

Get to the CHOPPA ,Clu, get to the CHOPPA !Vrooooom...

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

OK...so the DVD came and I did a "selective listen".

Sounded great, the poor littl KSW-12 hung with the big R7- dogs...and it was a happy thing. But like I say, every day....it's a whole new world.

I would say this is a definite Keeper.

Next, I never did find "Angel of Harlem", and the only U2 -CD that I have it on is Rattle and Hmum.

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-28-2002 at 06:35 AM