Forte's

I purchased a set of forte's not long ago locally. This is actually the second pair ive had. I do have a concern...

The first pair i had sounded so musical and dynamic.. This pair i recently aquired sounds a little different. If I could use one word to describe them id use the word stail. Not near as dynamic as the first pair I had..stail and a bit dull. I was wondering if these could use new caps. not sure really . Could use some input here

Monty

Monty,

Assuming all drivers work, yes I do think you need updated crossovers. It should be as if you lifted a blanket off of the Fortes when the mod are done. Marshall and Mike helped(okay, did all the work) recap my Heresy crossovers and the difference in sound was very noticeable. Maybe your original Fortes had just been recapped before you bought them.

I will eventually get Bob to build me crossovers for my Fortes.

Bill

• Moderators

Assuming all drivers work,

Just what I was thinking, sometimes it's hard to tell especially if it's only one driver, without getting close and covering the others. Like willand said then move on to the crossovers, were the crossovers done on your first set ?

• Moderators

It would be interesting if that big of a difference is new caps or something he did to the crossover. Everyone says there is a big difference but I have never done anything to mine so, I can't say. I use them for movies so it would be not cheap to do 6 of them. If i were using them for 2 CH it would be different.