having a terrible time h/u 2-ch w/ h/t

Hello guys not my first post but this one is pretty exhausting for me. Let me set the scene.I have a Yamaha RX-V665 w/ a set of Klipsch 500s w a 8in pwrd sub and it does my apt quite nicely but I actually like music more than movies. There was a deal on C/L I could not pass up and picked a pristine pair of refoamed Infinity SM112s for $40 and ran home w/ them and then attached these speakers to zone 2 on the Yamaha and it was great. So nowI got the itch real bad and wanted an amp and Macs were out of my wallet size so I got an Adcom gfa55 200wpc tank of an amp.My sound sources for both systems are a Denon 1940ci cdp and a Yamaha YSD-11 dock w/ the i-pod.The tv is a Tosiba au37 and it's beautiful. I know the yamaha can be used as it's own pre but I really wanted seperates and found a vintage Onkyo p-301 pre w/ all the in/outs and phono you could want. Now everthing was h/u by a friend and worked great but he didn't mark any of the wires so to say I 'm a little confused is an understatement. I've taken the I-Cs out of the pre and put them in the front pre/outs of the Yamaha. Now were do the rest of the RCAs go on the Onkkyo.it's to p/u analog cdp and a run for the i-pod. Listen guys I bearly know how a refrigerater works so if you do it like the old paint by numbers guy it will help immensely.The t.v. works all functions on the Yamaha work I just can't get the 2-chl rig sparked up.

Hope I covered it all and have a happy holiday, be safe and thanks

It's kinka tough to digest everything you have going on but I would recommend this idea. Look at both the adcom and yamaha websites for the manuals on those units. Often times they have good illustrations in them on how to hook up different speaker/amp setups.

So you want to run the preamp after the receiver? And run the ipod dock and cd player directly to your preamp and out to the adcom? If thats what i am gathering, run the preamp outs of the receiver to an input on the preamp, run the cd into the preamp, run the ipod dock into the preamp. Any time you want to play a source from the receiver you will select that input on the preamp. Remember you will have to turn up the receiver about 3/4 of the way up and then use the volume control on the preamp? Make sense? Hope this is what you are trying to accomplish, I just did the same thing with my system except i used a passive preamp.

Hope this helps.

It seems that i literally got some wires crossed and had a bad I-C. The Adcom works fine the Yamaha is totally seperate from the 2-chl which is what i wanted all along and for my pre is on the way out. So I do have a working 2chl system w/ my very cheap but refoamed and relyable Infinitys.Thanks for the help, more me than the gear as usuall....LW