Life is good (or How Firesign became smarter than the cats)

1st I bought 3 Heresys to use as LCR for a HT - our cats shredded the grills and woofers.

Next I bought a pair of Cornwalls, nailed the grills on to protech the woofers, and got a spray bottle so I could spray the cats with water if they even looked like they were thinking of going over to sharpen their claws on them - the cats shredded the grills & scratched up the enclosures, so I sold the CWs to a forum member at 1/2 the price I paid for them so they weren't completly destroyed.

Next I bought 3 RB 81 II for LCR & 2 RB 61 II for surrounds hoping that their smaller size wouldn't attract the cats - Hey. It worked. Not a scratch on the grills or enclosures, but although the reference models sounded really good, they weren't Cornwalls.

After that I had the best idea yet - Buy 3 Cornscalas from Bob Crites (thanks to Bob not only for these speakers but also for his frendliness & good humor during our phone conversations). I've had multiple OMG moments every day during the last few weeks of listening to them, both for HT use & 2ch playback. I keep putting on cd after cd that I haven't heard in a long time, not only to see what new things I'll hear that I haven't heard before, but also because every thing I play sounds so good. I also bought metal grills made to fit the enclosures from Reliable Hardware on the web. The cats tried to sharpen their claws on the grill, found out they couldn't, and have since left them alone.

Now I not only have the best 3 speakers I've ever owned, I've gained a little respect from the cats (That'll teach em to try to mess with ol' Firesign. LOL)

Glad you got Cornscalas. I am sure they kick arse.

Regarding cats and their claws......

I have 3. They need multiple TALL scratching posts. (I have one 3.5 feet tall).

To keep them from scratching your grilles, or anything else..... Citrus scented pledge. (Orange scent, lemon may work also).

Cats HATE the smell of citrus.

They have not touched my Heresy Is; or my KV4 in over a year........

Good Luck.