How does this pairing sound? RF-62 II's & Outlaw RR2150

cobrasmen

Hey all,

First of hopefully many posts.

I'm going for my first (and very entry level) audiophile set up. I listen to a wide range of musical styles from Opera (I'm an opera singer, seriously) to Hip Hop. It's going to be purely for listening to music. No video. Dimensions of the space is approx. 12ft X 30ft

In my research this past few weeks I've come up with this as what seems to me a really solid choice for a 2 Channel set up that costs around a grand.

RF-62 II's with an

Outlaw RR2150

Any one think I'm headed in the right directon? If not, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all,

I'm going for my first (and very entry level) audiophile set up. I listen to a wide range of musical styles from Opera (I'm an opera singer, seriously) to Hip Hop. It's going to be purely for listening to music. No video. Dimensions of the space is approx. 12ft X 30ft

In my research this past few weeks I've come up with this as what seems to me a really solid choice for a 2 Channel set up that costs around a grand.

RF-62 II's with an

Outlaw RR2150

Any one think I'm headed in the right directon? If not, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

That would be an excellent setup!! I'm sure others will chime in as well...

Do stick around and let us know what choices you make...[Y]

Hey Cobrasmen, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums, we are glad you're here.

I do think you're headed in the right direction. I've read a lot of reviews and talked to owners of the Outlaw RR2150 and it is a great unit for the price.

2150Per.jpg

It has lots of connectivity, Ipod, turntable, sub woofer, external amp (if desired), USB, CD, etc...! A great place to start!

You may want to add a sub soon, with all that "Hip Hop" you "Opera Singers" listen too! [;)]

Good to have you here and don't hesitate to ask questions. There are years and years of expreience here and a whole lot of opinions! Which is usually a good thing! [Y]

Dennie

Excellent, I think you will be pleased!! BTW, we like to see photos of new gear here...[;)] Also, like Dennie said you may want to add a sub at some point, given your taste in music and the size of your room...

Hey all,

RF-62 II's with an

Outlaw RR2150

I'll toss out another receiver option, the Harman Kardon 3490.

I went back and forth between the 2150 and the Onkyo 9555. The Onkyo won out in the end (combo of reviews, price, and speakers owned). Both were very highly reviewed. I think the 2150 is a great unit, you'll enjoy it. Have you considered any Klipsch Heritage for your 2-channel set-up?