copy using my iMac (10.5) either .mp3 or .wav files to a CD to be played
in a basic "Redbook" CD player? The .mp3 copied straight to CD works
just fine in my my multi-input CD/DVD player but does not work in my
Redbook player in either my truck or garage. The .wav copied straight to
CD doesn't play in anything...

Many thanks in advance.

BTW:
The .mp3 files are from a vinyl (YES, black VD...) album that is one of
two or three in the world that has not been re-released as a CD...

• Like 1

What is a CD player that plays ONLY "Redbook" Cds called?

The idea, if I wasn't clear, is to burn .mp3 or .wav files to a CD using my iMac (10.5). The resulting CD will then be played on CD players that DO NOT recognize any format other than "Redbook".

Efforts thus have far have produced a CD burned from the .mp3 files that plays on my CD/DVD player which plays about any format known, but not the CD player in my truck. The CD burned from the .wav files will play on nothing I have...

• Like 1

wav files (that are recorded 16bit with a 44.1Khz sample rate are almost identical to what CDA (CD Audio) is recorded). You have to use software that will convert the MP3 files to CDA. I'm not sure what is available on the Mac (although it's what I use at work).

If you just copy the wav files to a CD, they won't have quite the correct format, and will still probably have the wav extensions.

Bruce

A Redbook Only CDP is pretty much a regular CD Player I would say. Many CD Players won't play .mp3s or other formats, for example in not so new cars (I dunno, before 2005 or so??) or older CD players.

I believe that if you pull your MP3s into iTunes you can convert and then burn to disk (you need to make a play list, then burn the playlist) they will play in any (most?) CDPs. iTunes is free of course. I'm sure there are other free softwares that will do it as well.

Well, it seems I can make CDs that will read on all the players I have EXCEPT my truck ('98 Mazda B4000). Sigh

Many thanks for all of your responses and suggestions. This really is a good forum...

• Like 1