SW-450 Sub, no sound - have to pull plug

_elguapo

Hi all,

I hope you can help. I have a new SW-450, and two F-20s, running off a Yamaha HTR-3063 receiver.

The sub will not automatically work, it does not produce sound... unless I manually pull its power plug and plug it back in, sometimes twice. Then its fine, until the next day when I have to do the same again to get any sound (this is after the receiver is turned off over night).

- This happens if the 450 is set to auto or on. The unit does turn itself on when sound it detected (the LED comes on), but no sound comes out!

- Does not matter if I have the crossover on or off, or what phase its set too.

- I bought a good quality Y cable so both inputs to the sub are connected, this made no change.

- I have the sub volume turned all the way up in the reciever, no change.

- The speaker setting is 'small' in the reciever, no change.

Like I said, once the power is pulled and replugged (turning off the power toggle switch has no effect) it sounds great. But what a pain in the butt!!

I am thinking of returning it. Anyone have any suggestions!?!?!

Thanks,

_elguapo

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay. I got another subwoofer and concluded that my receiver works just fine. The problem is with my Klipsch sw-450. Unplugging and re-plugging the power cable may sometimes work, but an easier way is actually Unplugging and re-plugging the audio cable behind the subwoofer. Sometimes I have to do it multiple times, but it eventually works. I tried with multiple cables and again concluded that the problem is the subwoofer, which seems to not be able to "wake up" from its stand-by. When I unplug and re-plug the audio cable, it causes a "bump" sound and the subwoofer starts working. Interesting enough, if a movie pass through a quiet moment (no bass/low sounds), the subwoofer goes back to the stand-by mode (blue LED is still on) and won't wake up until I cause another "bump" by unplugging and re-plugging the audio cable.

Suggestions are very appreciated.

Thanks,

Lab