Denon 3802 or Onkyo 797

DrFish96

I know that both of these receivers a very nice but I need to pick one or the other. I have Klipsch speakers and subs. I want 6.1. All channel stereo. I notice that onkyo is THX certified. Is this good to have ? Will you guys talk me into one or the other ?

Thanks

Peter

Pete,

Don't want to confuse the issue, both are good. Reviews I've read says go with Onkyo as Denons quality seems to be in question.

Also if you want a good, no frills receiver,for movies- look into NAD 751 or 761. A little more money, but better quality that will go well with your Klipsch speakers. IMO

------------------

Bill

or pioneer. The best amp(MOSFET) for klipsch RF-3's out of the denon's, the onkyo's, sony's.

Before the pioneer I had the onkyo 676, not bad but a bit to bright,cold. The denon's and sony's have problems with the sensitvity of the speakers --> volume control, hiss,...

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-909RDS

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

Onkyo. I own a denon, my brother owns and onkyo. I knew they were both awesome receivers, and they both had everything I wanted. I went with the denon after my brother bought the onkyo but only because I wanted to be different and not copy him. I however feel that the onkyo may have been better. Don't listen to what those other people say, with the outlaws, yamaha's or H/K. Stick with the best, onkyo or denon, either way you will be impressed. Heck if it comes down to it see which one you can get for cheaper or which one has a better warranty. And yes the THX is nice, its even nicer to show it off to your friends and tell them that it is THX and what it all stands for. They will be impressed.cwm30.gif

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.