Emotiva speakers?

reynolr

I'm currently using the UAW 8.2's as surrounds which were powered by my Onkyo Tx NR808. They have a pretty long break in period just an FYI. So back on topic the Onkyo powered them just fine while on the 6ohm setting. I will add that my system was a bit underwhelming while the receiver alone powered my fronts and rears. I've since added 3 MA500's on the pre-outs for my fronts which relieves the Onkyo's stress and allows the UAW's to Rock!

I hope that makes sense.

I have no experience with the UAC's.

Best Regards,

Peter

I assumed that all 9 speakers would be to much. I was planning on getting the XPA-3 to power my front 3 and wanted to make sure my reciever could handle the rest. Everytime I find someone that is using these speakers they have an external amp pushing them, so I wasn't sure if my Onkyo would cut it. But if it works for you it should work for me. And when you say a long break in periord what are we talkin? couple weeks? month? several months?

I was planning on getting the XPA-3 to power my front 3

There's an XPA-3 for sale on the forum.

Break in was about 50-75 hours. Now The efficiency of the UAW's isn't exactly the same as say Heresy's but they match fine with a little tweaking. The UAW's are the worth the price point and as long as you're taking off the stress of the fronts you should be fine. I also assume the more power you have to them the shorter the break in.... Hope that helps

I know I saw the one titled mint XPA-3. however it is sold. I won't have the money for a couple months anyways. I am just figuring out what I am going to get, since I can't purcase yet. And for my use they are going to be used for mostly BluRays and X-Box, a little music but not nearly as much. I appreciate the help as well. If you are referring to another XPA-3 in the fourm let me know. I may be able to scrap something togehter if the price is right.

I was referencing that "mint one" i wanted to get it but i was too late as well. The UAW's work well with movies, as my girlfriend will say "they really let the crickets out". I've noticed on craigslist a bit of a trend on Parasound Amps.. they're something to keep in mind. Good luck on your search!

If your not a fan of the emotiva inwalls can you recommend an inwall that I can get 3 pairs for under $500? 1 pair for rear surround 1 pair for main surrounds and 1 pair for front heights. 1 will be inwall and 2 pairs of in ceiling.

• 1 month later...