Heresy I vs. Heresy II vs. Heresy ?

pzannucci

Three weeks ago I purchased a set of Heresy IIs which were built in 1986 which have the current cross overs and drivers in them. Yesterday I just purchased a set of Heresy Is ??? with E2 crossover, K77 tweeter, and K-53-K mid driver.

According to the "Classic" Klipsch info, the Heresy I's had K55-V mid drivers in them. Were the H-Is I just bought (1984-5 vintage) a crossover product between I's and II's?

Secondly, I thought the E2 crossover was for the I's with the K-55V mid in them or will it work correctly with the newer K-53K mid drivers?

Lastly, where can I get the schematics for the current H-II crossover and the older E2 (if correct with the K-53K mid driver) schematic? It seems like the two years newer IIs sound better with the newer crossover than the older I's in their current configuration though I like the "air" of the K-77 better than the new tweeter.

Thanks for any help that can be offered,

Peter Z.

I would suggest you listen to them for a while before making any changes. If you like the way they sound, they are just fine as is. Most popular tweak is probably damping the squawker horn with Dynamat or rope caulk. Next is probably crossover tweaks. You can find information on all the tweaks in the archives.