Running 2 amps off a Denon AVR 3805

jhvenier

I just picked up a Hafler DH500 amp, I am running my RF-83's with it out of the FR and FL Pre-outs. I also have a Crown amp and am wanting to run my RF-3's with it. Which pre-outs would be the best to run to the Crown? Would it be wiser to use the SB/Multizone or the Zone 2? Does anyone know how to select the correct set up for the RF-3's and the Crown?

I ran the Hafler out of the FR and FL preouts to my RF-83's and the Crown out of the Surround Left and Surround Right to my RF-3's. The set up menu still works as it normally would, even the ability to to to +/- 15db. I am not sure if the SR and SL will work in pure or direct mode though. I am running it in 5 channel

Denon AVR 3805 doesn't offer Speaker A Front and Speker B Front options like in the case of AVR 2808ci. That would have made more sense in your scenario as you want to run it in pure or direct mode if you are trying to set up two sets of fronts.

Assuming the question was pertained to a 5.x arrangement then it should not matter as you can opt between SR-A, SL-A, SR-B, SL-B, SBR-B, SBL-B out of this. Reference: Page 22 of http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/AVR3805_DFU_ownersmanual.pdf

Also, for all channels the Denon AVR 3805 two pager information says, 8 ohms 20Hz-20KHz @ 0.05% THD. Very nice! Reference: http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/AVR-3805_Final_productsheet.pdf