Professional Refinishing

chickey

Hey gang -- question -- where would you go to get a speaker professionally refinished? I have a line on an Academy in black ash that may need some cosmetic work (worn finish), but otherwise is in great shape. The wife is only going to let this in the living room as long as the finish doesn't look like someone ran a black magic marker over the edges, or attempted to spot refinish. Where in the yellow pages would I look? Would antique or furniture refinishers be appropriate?? I have no idea where to turn.

I know that the DIY guys are going to chastize me for not attempting the project solo, but I just have too much on my plate right now, between work and an 8 month old. The few free hours I get every week I would rather spend enjoying my Klipsch, as opposed to refinishing them.

Thanks for your advice,

Colin

------------------

My System

quote:

Originally posted by chickey:

I know that the DIY guys are going to chastize me for not attempting the project solo

Chicken... all custom cabinet makers should be able to do it, but it is such a small job, that they may not give you the time of day... You have to catch them in a lull.

cwm12.gif

Scuff sand,spray several light coats with gloss black lacquer you buy from HD,allow to dry,knock down sheen with 0000 steel wool,buff with auto wax,and let us know how it turns out.Several of us are too chicken to try it first!

Keith