Need help selecting floor/side speakers soon!

Claudia

Hi everyone.This is my first post here and need help deciding on a good set of speakers for my husbands birthday gift? :)

I have no clue about sound quality and audio hardware/ what's good or bad, but I decided to gift my husband a set of klipsch floor/wall speakers for his birthday. I love the video they have on the Gallery Line and was wondering if that's a good buy for everyday TV, movies and Ps3 gaming. My budget for speakers is $500-600. Currently we have the Klipsch Synergy surround speakers that we bought recently, Athena floor speakers (that we want to get rid of) and Harmon/pardon AV receiver.We live in an apartment, so the speakers would be never be played at crazy volumes but my husband loves gaming on his PS3 so I want to choose a good one.

Visually I love the Gallery Line ( G-16 and G -28), more so coz it saves me space in the apartment since they are sleek and can be put on the wall as against the huge speakers we have now but getting the better sound is a priority so any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

I have speakers I will sell you (5 of them) for $500, plus you pay actual shipping from zip code 26101. Unfortunately, they are not Klipsch, but they are in excellent shape, and are very highly regarded. They are Paradigm Cinema 220 v.3. They are roughly the size of the Klipsch speakers you are looking at, and are black with black grilles. They will come with swivel wall mounts, flush wall mounts, and the little mount that allows them to be laid down (for center speaker). This would give you the 5 of the 5.1 system (no subwoofer).

If you are interested, I can send pictures.

Here are the pictures from Paradigm's site:
1092.jpg1091.jpg

I have a smaller 5.1 system with smaller versions of the Cinema series, and the imaging for movies gaming is outstanding.

Here is the website about the 220's: http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=252&Itemid=2

Datasheet: http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_joomdoc&task=doc_download&gid=348&Itemid=8

I am sorry, but I have found another use for these. When I got to thinking about how much I paid, and how much they are now worth, I decided to give them to my son for his man cave for his birthday this week. I am sure he will be "happy face", as he calls it.

Welcome Claudia! The Gallery speakers certainly are beautiful and would do great as a space saving solution in a modern apartment. The main problem you will find here is that the speakers are so new that few, if any, have heard them. As to how they sound, we just don't know. As a generality, it is very difficult to replicate the full sound of a tower/floorstanding speaker in such a slim package, but with a small sub you don't need the full sound for great home theater/gaming.

If you can't find a store to listen to the speakers, my advice would be to purchase on-line from vanns.com or other internet store with an open box return policy. Hook them up, listen for a few days and see if they will meet your needs. Sorry I am not of more help, but good luck. Your husband is a lucky man!

Look at these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-KSP-400-Synergy-Floor-Speakers-15-Subwoofers-/150649128755?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item2313634733

Los Osos, CA local pickup. These are some wife-friendly mahogany speakers, and it is a good price at $499 OBO.

$(KGrHqN,!lkE4lnVetEHBOSbw07EQ!~~60_3.JP

Nice find. You obviously have a much different definition of "wife-friendly" than I do. My wife would *FREAK* if I came home with those for the living room. I even got "the look" when I unboxed my recent RB-51 II's and RC-52 II center, and those are far from what I would call big.

I listended to the gallery speakers in a Hi-Fi store in Dallas in July so they are out. Didn't really audition them though cause I was there to audition RF7ii's. Just kinda noticed them, thought they looked very sexy and moved on. They were set around a flat panel in their lobby and the TV was set to ESPN. What caught my attention was the dialog was crisp and clear.

Cornfedksboy: Thanks for your help ! I'll check out vans.com. Yeah, I don't need crazy sound coz it's for everyday TV and a few movies now n then. I need to get them by Sept so hopefully the gallery line starts selling by then. How bad can the sound be? ESP if it''s a new product launching. Husband's gonna be happy but I hope I can get him away from the PS then :P I couldn't think of a better gift this year which has wires n has to do with technology :)

Claudia, if you want to raise your budget look at the Klipsch XF-48s. They are no longer in production but they are still being sold new at several online sites.

I recently bought a pair to make my wife happy. Although they do not sound as good as my Forte's or Chorus speakers(BIG box style speakers), they are very nice

sounding speakers.