RW-12D or SW-112?

Nucleartiger

I have been researching this same question for almost a month. Based upon my humble findings, I would suggest the SW112 for the following reasons: Newer technology; no display to malfunction. Slot port works better than tube in smaller rooms, etc.

I am actually going to buy 2 of the SW110's as my needs (and rooms...) are smaller. And because I have Cornwalls in one room and K'horns and Heresy's in the other. The 112's would be a slight overkill, but both are otherwise identical in basic design.

Just my thoughts.

[H]

Welcome to the forum! I own two RW-12ds (one I bought new and the other used). They are fantastic subs in my 11 x 24 HT room. I haven't hear the SW-112, so I can't comment on differences, but the top display is actually incredibly convenient. What are the prices you are looking at? The RW-12d has recently been on sale for $350.00 shipped.

• 3 weeks later...

I have basically zero experience with subs but within the last week I just got two RW-12d's. After 20 years of running a Pro Logic 4.0 system I am not sure why I thought I was missing anything? Can't wait for the 9.1. These add a whole new dimension to my system. These are in a room that is about 13 x 35. So far I have to say they could easily be overwhelming. They have more than enough power for the whole neighborhood:-) I have these hooked up through the high level input. I had the sub volume at about 3/4 and the amp at about 1/2 ( more than I ever would need) and it was making the dishes and windows vibrate upstairs. And still had plenty more power. So far I am happy with these.