Cornwall IIIs

Georgia Flash

Am not quite so "new" to this forum... Purchased and set-up new CW IIIs late last year; powered by Van Alstine elecronics. So far, so good... I used to listen to Snells powered by Threshold electronics - until 2007 and subsequent cross-country move. The last time I heard anything comparable to these CWs was 2006 at Yoshi's jazz supper-club where they used Klipsch house-speakers.

A previous inquiry here answered my question regarding suggestions for additional sub-woofers (not an appealing choice, either, because of room aesthetics, etc.). Is it still the overall general belief that Subs are unnecessary with Cornwalls? And what's up with "Crites'" stuff?

"A woman without perfume is a woman without a past"

G' Flash

with my cw 1's i use an older klipsch sub, SW-10 II. i think it fills the room out a little better than just the cw's by themselves. it's not a room shaker by any means.

i've updated my klipsch speakers with crites capacitors, titanium tweeter diaphragms, and woofers for my chorus II's. all of the additions have really helped the sound.

the diaphragms and woofers were direct replacements, which is nice too!

also, bob is a great guy to deal with. very professional and he usually ships out the same day. he also answers questions i have without belittling me. something some "audiophiles" find very hard to do.