RF-82iis with RC-64ii and four RS-42ii???????????

themrclean

Hello Klipsch Community,

I joined the community a year and a half ago and am just posting my first thread. I am preparing to build my first dedicated home theater and have opted to go with 7.1 due to the shape of the room(17x28x9). After talking to every authorized online dealer I finally made the most economical purchase I could think of. The guys at sounddistributors worked out a great deal for me with (2) RF-82IIs, a RC-64II, (4) RS-42IIs, and the SW-310 for $2500 delivered. I also already have a Klipsch RT-10D subwoofer. My questions are: Will the center be too much for the mains? Will I be happy with the smaller surrounds? To jump up to the RS-52iis would cost a whole heck of a lot more and I thought that I could just turn the levels up higher for the surrounds to make up for size.

I chose this configuration mostly based on price for the whole 7.1 set and wanting a great center. At the time that I made the decision I thought I was golden, but now I have some concerns about the overall imaging. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new system! Well, you'll be able to answer all your questions soon enough!! My thoughts:

RF-82s are great speakers and should do nicely (but you could alsways go bigger in a room that size [;)]). The RC-64 II is one of the best centers out there! I've heard it matches up well with the 82s, so I don't expect an issue. You'll have to do some fine tuning and it might not be quite seemless, but it should sound really great. The smaller surrounds are questionable. It's been said that they don't have the bass output that the 52s do, but again, with some fine tuning, you should be able to generate some very good sound. Two different models of subwoofers will take some work. Keep teaking them until you find the right match.

All-in-all, your fun should continue for a while after your set-up arrives and with some patience and persistence I think you'll have a great set-up!

For HT, you should be all set. The center is probably the most important speaker in HT, so good job going with the 64ii.

I wouldn't worry that much about the surrounds. You will hear the sounds, and the sub will take care of the low frequencies for them.

For music, I would just do stereo, and your mains should be fine. The surrounds that face different directions aren't good for music, they are better for dispersion in HT.

Hello Klipsch Community,

I joined the community a year and a half ago and am just posting my first thread....After talking to every authorized online dealer I finally made the most economical purchase I could think of. The guys at sounddistributors worked out a great deal for me with (2) RF-82IIs, a RC-64II, (4) RS-42IIs, and the SW-310 for $2500 delivered. I also already have a Klipsch RT-10D subwoofer. My questions are: Will the center be too much for the mains? Will I be happy with the smaller surrounds? To jump up to the RS-52iis would cost a whole heck of a lot more and I thought that I could just turn the levels up higher for the surrounds to make up for size.

I chose this configuration mostly based on price for the whole 7.1 set and wanting a great center. At the time that I made the decision I thought I was golden, but now I have some concerns about the overall imaging. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the Forum themrclean.

You asked some good questions and I hope you had a chance to go listen for yourself and form some kind of opinion and aren't relying solely on what you read on the internet. Everyone hears sounds/things differently and has different expectations. That being said, if you are able to place your 2 subwoofers in ideal locations you probably could get away with smaller surrounds and raise the gain on the RS-42s....I also think the RC-64 between RF-82s will make you really salivate for getting the RF-7iis! [:P]

Thanks everybody for all the great info. I knew on paper it would all work, unfortunately I haven't heard anything from the Reference line yet which is why I came here since most everyone seems to have them. I do have to say that I already love Klipsch though. Currently for my living room setup I have four Icon XF-48s for my fronts and rears and the center to match (can't remember the model number right now) and the RT-10D. This is personally the best setup that I've ever heard and I know that the Reference speakers should sound even better. Before I got the Icons I had two Synergy F3s and a pair of F1s for my rears with the C2 center and Sub10. That setup sounded good but left me wanting more. I know that I will be wanting to upgrade to the Rf-7iis and the Rs-52iis eventually but they just aren't in the budget yet.