MWM Weight ?

kg4guy

I looked on the Klipsch site and the total weight of the MCM Grand is about 526lbs so 288lbs seems high? SPECIFICATIONS

COVERAGE ANGLE: HORIZONTAL 80 20 200Hz-16kHz

VERTICAL 50 30 350Hz-16kHz

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 300Hz, 800Hz, 4kHz

CROSSOVER SLOPE: 24dB/Octave

DELAY: LF- 0ms

MF- 5.0ms

HF- 4.4ms

UHF- 5.7ms

DEPTH: 45" (114.3cm)

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 40Hz-19kHz 3dB, -10dB @ 35Hz

HEIGHT: 98" (249cm)

POWER HANDLING: 1155 watts

SENSITIVITY: 108dB

SYSTEM COMPONENTS: LF- KPT-MWM-LF 400 watt/driver

MB- KPT-XII-MB 250 watts

MF- KPT-402-MF 50 watts

HF- KPT-GRAND-HF-T 55 watts

WEIGHT: 526 lbs. (238.7kg)

WIDTH: 67.25" (170.8cm)

288 pounds is correct weight for MWM with the standard K43 woofers.

In the brochure is lists 'minimum dimensions for BG cabinet which is black glass with aluminum trim) so a painted version would be slightly less.

The pro cinema version KPT-MWM-LF is listed in the Cinema catalog at 318 pounds shipping weight, but that's with K43EP woofers maybe they're a bit heavier.

Good luck with shipping, I did it once and Groomlakearea51 helped me construct custom superwide pallets to strap them to. Problem is that dimensionally they are massive so it's not the weight that gets you in shipping fees, it's the volume they inhabit in the truck.

M

The Uship web site has the best deal $280. from Pitts. Pa to Santa Barbara Ca. but I have a forklift on this end and that saves about $100, but I can build a new pair for about $350. minus the woofers but I have a K-44 and a K-43 I think they are close enough to use. The guy wants to sell me the K-43's only but I would rather see someone get these and restore them.

I figured $250 in diesel and 20 to 24 hours of driving, If they stick around long enough my friend may be able to pick them up. His friend wanted to get her dog bread out in Ohio or Indiana, when my friend did the math and told her $1000 for fuel and she didn't want the new blood lines that bad...

It would be a shame to see them parted and cabs disposed of.