Klipsch SW-15II built in amp

Buckeye105

I have an old Klipsch SW-15II sub that was given to me along with a old yamaha RX-V620 receiver, and the sound coming from the receiver i would have to say is subpar. Would it make a difference if i used the amp in the SW15 to help power my speakers? Also the speakers im using are two Klipsch S10 bookshelf speakers.

I have an old Klipsch SW-15II sub that was given to me along with a old yamaha RX-V620 receiver, and the sound coming from the receiver i would have to say is subpar. Would it make a difference if i used the amp in the SW15 to help power my speakers? Also the speakers im using are two Klipsch S10 bookshelf speakers.

Yes, Welcome.

Cecaa is correct.

If your speakers sound bad with the receiver; what are your settings?

This link will get you an owners manual downlad (under "support" tab).

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v620_black__u/?mode=model

Read it; and you should be able to get it set up properly.

Also, this link will explain basic concepts:

http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/calibrate-your-system/home-theater-set-up-basics-101

(Search their site for specific inquiries or issues).

Good Luck.

I suspect that the modest Yamaha is not the source of your disappointment. Seems to me that the speakers are the weakest link in the chain. It sounds like you are using them in a 2-channel configuration but they were designed for surround duty in a modest home theatre application.

The SW-15 is a pretty capable sub for music. Getting one for free is a nice score. It's definately a couple notches above the rest of the gear mentioned. I have the smaller SW-12 and it does a decent job keeping up with a pair of Belles.

I hope that's of some help.

Mike