Palladium P-27C vs. RC 64-II Center Speaker

Magihyren

I have the P-27c but I have it as part of a 7.1 Palladium setup with the P-39f fronts - needless to say I love them all.

When I was looking for my new system I started out looking at the RF-7 II system but simply fell in love with the look and sound of the Palladium series - even if they cost me way more than I ever though I'd spend on a speaker system. Life has tought me though that the things I did not do cause me a lot more regret than the things I actually did do - so I took the plunge and haven't regretted it for a second!!

Now, if I had the RF-7 II front speakers, or even as part of a 5.1 or 7.1 Reference system, and you intend to keep that, I would go for the RC-64 II. It is a great speaker, I thought so when I listened to it and I have read many reviews saying the same thing. The only way I would consider getting the P-27c in stead is if you are considering upgrading to a complete Palladium setup in the future [:)]

Hope this helps - and good luck!!

• 10 months later...

Old T, That's the way I do it. It might not aways be the best choice because some speakers are set to work better in a particular system. However, in this imaginary world the price is the same. I don't think I could keep my mitts of the 27c no matter what anyone said to me under those circumstances. I have had both speakers and the 27c is significantly better and, in the real world more expensive. I got mine for 3k and I'll tell the buyer where in a pm since this very good seller asked me to be all cloak and dagger about it. They also shipped free and no tax. :)