How do I lower the bass of my RF-83?

starbucks_sg

Hi everybody. I have a pair of RF-83 which I am using as audio speakers. I have two amplifiers; a 845 tube amp and a Chinese "battleship" Dussun V8i. On both amplifiers, I find the bass a bit boomy to my liking. I have re-wired with both speakers' positive wires going up top of the rear bi-wire arrangement. The negative wires are both wired on the low end. Am I doing it right? Or do I just wire both on the high end? I have also moved the speakers 1 foot off the wall. I am still finding the bass boomy, slightly "over-powering". There seems to be too much bass. Any other suggestions from you brothers out there would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• Moderators

That was a little confusing, but sounds wrong to me, are you trying to bi wire? Are the metal jumpers still on by the terminals ?

If it sounds boomy try with the jumpers (metal straps) that came with the speakers ON and only use one amp and connect + and _ on either top or bottom. It doesn't matter which one you connect to if the jumpers are on.

Also move the speakers around a little compared to where the corners are, a corner can sometimes make a speaker sound boomy, or even a wall. It doesn't take much movement to make a difference sometimes just a few inches.

This shows how the standard connection works and bi-wire connections work. I don't believe bi-wire does any good myself. Bi-wire and bi-amp can make a difference but would take alot of playing with to get it sounding right, I would think ?

http://www.brilliancehifi.co.uk/how-to-bi-wire-speakers.htm

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am sorry for the confusion. I had the metal jumpers on and now I connect the + and - onto both top ends as the first diagram of your link. The speakers are on a flat wall. Both corners are at least 2 meters away. Still the same. Maybe 1 foot is too near the wall. I angled it slightly towards the listener. Or should I just keep it straight parallel to the wall? Thank you again.