Chorus II values??

Hi. I have always wanted to get into a pair of Klipsch speakers and recently located a nice pair of Chorus II for $990. Would this be a low or high price for this set? I am not familiar with the current market prices for Chorus II but I do know the original retail price was $1790. Since these speakers were made for several years, should I be concerned with the vintage or the year that they were made affecting the value? Is there a serial number that identifies the year of manufacture on the cabinets? What should I look for when I review these speakers? Although they are flawless in appearance are there other considerations? What is the minimum Watt per channel that would work with the set? I have a Vintage Sansui AU5900 (35W per channel) and a TU5900 Tuner that I use for radio listening. I keep my vintage Sansui's around for fun since I bought them new in my college years. If I purchase these Chorus II speakers I will want to run the vintage Sansui system through these speakers. Later I intend to build a home theater system around some newer equipment and these speakers have come to my attention as a good candidate to build on. Your comments would be appreciated. Regards, MrBrisco

What condition are they in? This is the deciding factor as to value on these. (plus, how much you want them). If they are in excellent condition, that asking price may be appropriate (although I have seen them sell for less, and at times, a bit more). If they have cosmetic flaws, they are worth less than if they were mint. Try to deal a bit with the seller - he/she may sell for less.

Year of the Chorus II manufacture should not matter (at least in terms of desirable vintage), all Chorus IIs have the same components inside. The serial # on the label (found on the back of the cabinet) will tell you the year - it's the first two numbers in the Chorus II serial # (so if the serial # starts with 96...... they were made in 1996).

Your amp should drive them just fine. These Klipsch are very sensitive - they give full sound with any quality amplifier. They also are an excellent start on a home theater - lots of possibilities here.

They are certainly worth the effort to get them. Go listen to them, if you haven't already. If they sound good to you (and I suspect they willcwm30.gif ), buy them. If you get buyer's remorse, you can sell them without too much trouble.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

*** Alpha Testing Complete ***