where do i find out what a set of Quartets are worth?

cablebandit

Found some Quartets...look to be in great shape...priced at 250....dunno what they are actually going for as I never see them for sale

If in good shape, $250.00 is very fare. They usually go from $250.00 to $375.00. I know that is a large range but condition is a big factor. Quartets possess something special so grab them if you can.

Bill

market price is just that and it will vary from market to market and with time of year as well as with the usual ecconomic variables. Most Quartets that I have seen have been going for a little under to about the low range of a decent set of Forte or Forte ll. I paid $400.00 for an excellent condition pair of Quartet`s plus shipping tro Canada from Texas. If you have found a decent condition set of Quartet`s locally for $250.00 I would say grab them. If at some later date you wanted to upgrade to a Forte ll you could buy a pair of woofers and build crossovers and cabinets and you would be pretty much there for your parts cost and effort. I can assure you that you could not buy one set of Quartet parts (shipping in) for $250.00 in the current market short of dumb luck. Hope that this helps Best regards Moray James.

A Quartet is essentially a Forte ll with a ten inch woofer rather than a twelve in a slightly smaller cabinet.