home theater & KG5.5's

kdummy

if space is not an option then go with Q's recommendation if space is a concern I'd still pick up 2 more 5.5's and grap a KV-3 or KV-4 for a center granted those are out of production but you might get lucky. You could scale down a bit and go for 4.5's for the rear.

What type of amp/receiver do you have?

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

Denon 3802. Thanks for the help.

quote:

Originally posted by JTS8:

if space is not an option then go with Q's recommendation if space is a concern I'd still pick up 2 more 5.5's and grap a KV-3 or KV-4 for a center granted those are out of production but you might get lucky. You could scale down a bit and go for 4.5's for the rear.

What type of amp/receiver do you have?

i too have 5.5's - 4 of them at the moment, for front and surrounds. i have been using a kt-lcr for my center, but have decided to try for another pair of 5.5's. talktokeith may still have a pair available if you're interested. or i have my kt-lcr up for sale.

david

kd-

While Q-man has a good point, you may not have room for that many more 5.5s. If not, you could certainly get away with a pair of KG 1.5 or KG 2.2s and they would do just fine. I would stick with the KV-3, as the -4 is a bit bright for the KG series; it was actually made for the Epic line of speakers. I have 2-pr of KG 1.2s as surrounds/rear center with my Forte II/Academy front trio and it sounds awesome.

But, if you can swing it, 4 or 5 identical speakers will suit you well as new surround formats come along, like SACD which needs 5 full-range speakers. Enjoy!

Like JHawk, I also have KG 1 series speakers in the rear. I really love them. My room won't allow space for towers in the rear, so these babies do just fine. I see these on Ebay all the time for $100-150/pr. That's pretty cheap. I never get the impression that I'm missing anything back there. Of course, a good sub is important.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Kenwood amp for sub and shakers

Denon AVR 681/1601

• 8 months later...