New toy, Velodyne SMS-1

Mike 585

Hi Carl.

I've got a Klipsch SW12 that came with my Belles and a Paradigm PS1000 I picked up cheap used. I've got it dialed in as best I can with a RS meter and the simple EQ available on my AVR but I'm expecting a noticeable inprovement. We'll see.

We're hoping to move sometime next year and a dedicated listening room/theater is on the must have part of the house spec. When that eventually falls into place I want to experiment with the preferred LF setup in Poole's book, i.e., identical subs in all four corners. I haven't seen any threads on the forum where someones played around with that. Undecided what the subs will be at that point. Leaning toward a passive DIY solution of some sort.

Mike

• 1 month later...

I meant to report back on this sooner but it slipped my mind. I'm impessed with this rascal. More than just a subtle change. Suffice to say that low bass is much improved. I just noticed that Velodyne is having a Christmas sale and these are only $350 new--it's been around for a while, perhaps an updated version is on the way. Anyway, well worth the investment for me. I found it well documented and easy to use.

Now where did I set down that martini....

• 2 weeks later...