HELP With La Scalas

citabria

I have new shop that is insulated and lined with metal that is 50' x 50' x 18' that i am wanting to put together a system for get togethers with friends. I bought an used pair of La Scalas for $600.00 and i am wanting to put together a quality system around these speakers. I am 42 and no nothing about the technical stuff so please keep things understandably simple so i can understand them. WHAT AMP, PREAMP, RECIEVER OR OTHER SPEAKERS DO I NEED TO MAKE A COMPLETE SYSTEM. I was thinking of a Pioneer Spec 1 and a Spec 2 and a set of bose 901. I also want components that have good resale value even though i dont plan to resale you never know. Thank You

Music only. I was thinking of getting a pair of bose 901 to go along with them

901's will need the biggest amp you can throw at them, to sound decent. You're certain this is a route you want to take? In addition to La Scalas?? Hope you wouldn't intend to play them together at the same time. [li]

Don't bother with the Bose speakers. If you need more speakers, get some more La Scalas.

There are many, many choices for the electronics. \Really, it depends on your budget and whether you are comfortable buying used electronics.

Have a few speakers. Not as many as a lot of folks on this Forum. I consider the Bose the bottom feeders of the collection. However one of the cats like to sleep on them so I guess their not totally useless. Currently banned to a closet. Not good enough to give to someone I care about. I think they are 1972 601's. Just gave a set of La Scalas to my son, now those are worth giving to someone you care about if you can't use them. It's all about Karma.

For speakers, I'd build a pair of DIY subwoofers, maybe the THT Tubas. You will likely have all you need at that point. If you wanted more, add another pair of LaScala. Nothing else will have the same impact for $600 and nothing else is as perfect a match to what you already have. ;)