Suggestions for RC-62II bookshelf pairings

Lurchalicious

Hey klipsch forums! Here's my story, I bought an RC-62II off craigs for 150 dollars and decided it was such an awesome deal... Why not buy a home theater to go with it? So I met the guy at hhgregg and after the deal went inside. Keep in mind my knowledge at this time is nil...just knew the center was a steal. Anyway I listened to some bookshelf sets because of my smaller room and furniture set up ( my tv setup is enclosed by a wall on the right, open on the left, vewing position is about 8 ft from the center. Bookshelves are 6' apart centered on the tv) I listened to a few but ended up getting a set of B-20's for books and s-20 for surrounds (new $80 a piece, I think I got a good deal since it was below the sticker by a good amount).

My sub is a 12" polk audio. Originally I thought would be fine but I'm learning that the center is over powering everything using a yamaha RX-V565 that has a YPAO setup feature. Video games are great and it sounds good, but you can tell the center is the focal point by far, the surrounds come in here and there with fill.

I know from reading here that the B-20's are small for this center, what's a good pairing that isn't a killer on my wallet? I need to stay bookshelf. Found a guy selling rb-15's but are they too small? Other local options are rf-15bk's for 150, rf-5's for 225.. but I don't know how they would pair ( plus I'm trying to stay bookshelf for the room) I would love some RB-81's but they got a rather large tag on them.. or should I suck it up and save for some? Thanks for any help!

Welcome, congrats on a super deal.What he said....and buy the 5's if they're that cheap and clean......

well they aren't super clean but not bad. Some drivers have "crinkles" One driver has a small tear in the surround but he has a replacement... Here's the cl posting in reference:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/2625785280.html still worth $225?

The B 20 are good speakers. The power mismatch could be a blessing since a major problem with HT setup is getting the center speaker/channel loud enough to hear dialouge clearly. Have you considered changeing avr's. I was not sure from reading your post if that avr had autocalibration. Autocalibration would give you the balance that you are looking for. I know for me upgradeitis can be expensive. AVR's are on sale now and a good Pioneer, Denon or Yamaha will not cost an arm and a legs; just a thought.

Sometime I think people put to much emphasis on the speaker and not enough on the avr or amps. Afterall, the avr/amp is the heart and brains of the system. Don't get me wrong, speaker are a key element of any system : )

Klipsch VF 35 Fronts

Klipsch VC 25 center

Klipsch VS 14 Front Height

Klipsch VS 14 Surrounds

Klipsch VB 15 Surround Back

AA RW 15 SUB

Klipsch HT 500 for rec room

The B 20 are good speakers. The power mismatch could be a blessing since a major problem with HT setup is getting the center speaker/channel loud enough to hear dialouge clearly. Have you considered changeing avr's. I was not sure from reading your post if that avr had autocalibration. Autocalibration would give you the balance that you are looking for. I know for me upgradeitis can be expensive. AVR's are on sale now and a good Pioneer, Denon or Yamaha will not cost an arm and a legs; just a thought.

Yes, I added the information up top as well, but I have a Yamaha RX-V565 reciever with the auto setup feature.

Do you have experience with the B20's? From reading around here I have been under the impression they would not keep up with the 6" woofers on the center channel.