Energy ESW-M6 sub with Heresys?

justin_tx_16

Found a deal online for an Energy ESW-M6 sub at $179. Too good to pass up right? Would pair it with my two Heresys on an HK-430. Right now I don't have a sub with them, they do pretty good on their own, but would like a little more on the bottom. Living in a San Francisco condo, space is limited and so is the patience of neighbors for thumping music. :D

Would love your thoughts. Think this would just be a waste or is there more to this 8" cube? The Energy forums are pretty dead so bending the rules to post here. Thanks :D

Deal: Energy ESW-M6 800W 6in Mini Subwoofer $179.99 (reduced from $599.99) and free shipping, after coupon code: EMCJJKJ72 (expires 11/07) http://itsjust.in/uKZJKH

Justin,

Don't know much about that Energy sub but I have heard one of the Klipsch XW-300d with Groomlakearea51's(Marshall) Belles, Khorns, and Heresys. Surprisingly plenty of punch in a small package in his "Wall of Voodoo". Shoot Marshall a PM to get his take.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/clearance/549685907/klipsch-xw-300d-black

Bill

Thanks for the reply. Seems like no one uses Energy speakers here. The forum down there is almost completely dead. Perhaps I should have posted this in the Klipsch subwoofer's board. I appreciate the suggestion of the XW-300D, it's ~$100 more after tax though. While I can afford, in theory at least, any Klipsch subwoofer, I feel like I can only justify a sub if it's as cheap as the Energy is, as long as the Energy is actually a good option.

Thanks again for your help. Maybe this will get attention from someone who has at least heard the ESW-M6 to share their opinion before November 7.

In other news, you have quite the signature/setup!

I'm thinking the little Energy would be perfect for condo living. ~104db at 42hz would get you in enough trouble as it is, or at least here in Dallas it would. I've never bought anything from newegg, but if you don't like it, you'd have the option to return it, right? Plus it'd give you the opportunity to give others some insight on the dead Energy forum =)

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Energy Encore 8 sub in my system. It's perfect for music but I turn on the 14hz 1200w Sonotube for movies. All said even a good small sub like a Energy can give you some nice musical bass with Heresy's and it's nice to be able to let the AVR setup the room then just tweak the bass a bit with a sub.