M40 - percentage of noise isolation?

drdave

I am considering some noise cancelling headphones for long flights. My wife has Denon and they are great! I think the Bose is better for isolation but supposedly sounds terrible in the air! Both of these isolate in the high 90% range. Any news on what range the Klipsch will isolate? I have all Klipsch gear at home so would love to "stay true"!!

I don't have any numbers for you about this just yet but I'm sure they will be released once the headphone is out on the market. I did want to point out the difference between isolation and cancellation. When discussing these with headphones, it's important not to confuse them. The Klipsch in-ear headphones provide excellent noise isolation but do zero cancellation. The Klipsch Mode M40 will primarily do noise cancelation but since they are a closed ear design, will feature some noise isolation as well.

A minor detail but it makes a big difference in getting the answer you want. Sorry I don't have any info on this but like I said, I'm sure it will come soon. Until then, cheers!

According to a video on youtube with a Klipsch employee at CEDIA, it has 12dB of noise cancellation. So that's not a percentage, but perhaps it helps.

From a quick comparison I did with other cans, that's a bit lower than other ANC headphones, but then again...those other Klipsch. And they'e not dual driver. And they don't have 45hr batt life, use without battery too, etc...so I'm going with the M40 :)

• 3 weeks later...