RC-7s as Rear Surrounds?

Gorm

I have two RC-7s at my disposal. I was going to sell them, but then an idea hit me tonight. What would your guys thoughts, opinons on using RC-7s are rear surrounds. At first i had a pair of RB-35s back there, but they didn't blend well at all. I was trying to hold out for a pair of RB-75s, instead I picked up a pair of RS-7s that I am using now.

Since I can't seem to ever find a pair of RS-7s, what would be the disadvantage to running RC-7s back there?

I wonder if you moved the front height speakers to the back and the and put the RB 51 on stands for your front stage. I think the stronger speaker should be in the front. More sounds and dialogue is in the front stage for movies, and the rears and, surrounds are for effects. This will also work better for music.

I have two RC-7s at my disposal. I was going to sell them, but then an idea hit me tonight. What would your guys thoughts, opinons on using RC-7s are rear surrounds.

They would make excellent rears, I remember a guy that used to post daily here by the name of Moon, I think he ran RC-7s as rears and possibly as surrounds as well. He said they were awesome.

Nope, the RB-35s and all second generation reference gear are gone. They just don't have a sound that flows well with an RF-7 fronts. My current front heights are RB-5s, which rock as front heights. However, I'm not sure about them as surrounds.

Posted Image

So i experimented today with rear speakers.

Posted Image

Holy cow what a difference...of course I'll have to come up a fixed shelf in order to mount them. I will soon have the pair of RS-7s for sale.

The depth and sound compared to the RS-7s in that location are amazing. Of course I would never give up my RF-7s on the sides.