SW-450 question, and is my "setup" compatible with itself ?

Hi !...

1'st I'd like to thank you for any information you folks can give me. It's my first time ever on a computer site like this and my first time ever spending more than 100 bucks on a stereo.... I'm confused !

I bought an Onkyo Ht-Rc 370 receiver, two Rf-82 fronts, two Rb-51 backs, two SW-450 subs and a Rc-52 center. I have a ton of questions !

1st- i was in another stereo store and the salesman told me that the Rc-52 isn't big enough for the rest of the system... Is this true ? I watched a few movies and i did have a hard time hearing the dialogue but I'm told i can turn the gain up on center.

2nd- my receiver "tells me" to set the subs at 75 decibels ... When i do this, the subs are almost "off"...(the volume is 1 click above "0").... Is this where i should have it ?

3rd- Can i by-pass the subs "LFE" so i can use the one in my reciever ? (i have no idea what this means but i was reading a "thing" on the Internet and it told me to ....)

4th- i bi-wired the front Rf-82's and it sounded WAY better... (really... And there was 5 of us that totally agreed) now I'm hooked (and currently unemployed) can someone explain to me what i need to have to bi-amp these speakers ? (besides money...) the Onkyo manual tells me i can use it as a "pre-amp"

5th- i read that i should "calibrate" my reciever to each of my speakers decibel levels...(so the base isn't doing the tweeter's job i think) does anyone know how to do this with my Onkyo Ht-Rc 370 ?

Thanx for helping ! ( my next problem is figuring out how to get back here to find my answers ! ) .... Lol

KTIW,

Welcome to the forum.

two Rf-82 fronts, two Rb-51 backs, two SW-450 subs and a Rc-52 center.

1st- i was in another stereo store and the salesman told me that the Rc-52 isn't big enough for the rest of the system... Is this true ?

Will the RC-52 work, probably if you raise the gain and EQ it a bit.. Is it ideal with your setup, I would have to say no. With it's 5.25 inch woofers, it really can't keep up with the RF-82's. I have never been able to understand why BB/Magnolia and SoundAdvice suggest the RC-52 with the RF-82's. I guess it will have to work for now but keep your eyes peeled for a deal on an RC-62.

3rd- Can i by-pass the subs "LFE" so i can use the one in my reciever ?

Yes. Turn the crossover/LFE in the sub itself to off or max HZ and use the controls in the receiver.

Bill