Changing capacitors in Heresy II

tfoust

Bought a set of capacitors from Bob Crites to install in a pair of Heresy IIs. Understand I am new at updating and repairing audio equipment. When I removed the crossover network the old caps look nothing like the ones I'm about to put it. I'm not confident that I can do this now that I have seen the inside. Is there a series of pictures somewhere that will make this project more clear?

Don`t worry the new caps look different but they are still caps with two connections each just like the old ones. Do yourself a favor and chill enough to give Bob a phone call he will set you straight. You can do the job just relax and you will be fine. Call Bob now. Best regards Moray James.

PS: good for you to take the plunge and welcome to the forum and your first test by fire.

I went back and looked again. What put me off was my package of new caps had enough for two speakers. I didn't remember that. I thought all the ones in the package were meant to go into the old board. My bad. I clipped out the old caps because I couldn't remove enough of the solder to free the leads while they were still intact. It was easier to remove the stubs from the heated solder. After that - unless I missed something the replacement went smooth and the speakers sound as good as I remember they did before. Whatever difference is subtle. I didn't have the advantage of hearing them in the same enviornment as I last heard them before the upgrade.