My Klipsch XF-48 Home Theater (Video)

johnnydrama

Wanted to make my first post here on the forum and share a couple youtube videos of my setup (the audio nor video are either very good because I used my Droid X to record them but just wanted to show off the layout and aesthetics of my room). I am extremely jealous of all you guys that have dedicated home theaters however I love my living room setup. I live in a townhome and currently have no space for a dedicated home theater however I am considering finishing a portion of my large garage and making a 15 x 11 ft. home theater and filling it with one of the Klipsch Reference lines. My current living room setup includes:

Klipsch XF-48 Right & Left
Klipsch XL-23 Center
Klipsch XB-10 Surrounds
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Samsung BD-C6900 BD Player
Toshiba HD-A30 HDDVD Player
Samsung PN50-B550 Plasma
Logitech Harmony 510

This is an ideal setup for my room. The Klipsch Icon X line is a beautiful speaker and blends in with my decor perfectly. The XF-48s belt out a respectable amount of bass especially for my small space although if I didn't have neighbors that I cared for I would definitely add a sub. I tried to make the whole setup very clean and aesthetically appealing and think I've succeeded. You will see no wires anywhere. I couldn't have the place wired when constructed but ran new trim up the corners and along the baseboards for my surrounds. If I had any complaints about the Icon X line it would be with the XL-23 center. I've also read this from many others who have this system. Just wish Klipsch would have constructed a better center for this system that matched the XF-48s with the same size midrange woofers and passive radiators also, kind of like Definitives Mythos 10. But overall it's a great system. Let me know what you guys think and thanks for all info I've already gathered from this forum long before my first post. Cheers!

Johnny,

Welcome to the forums! You have a great setup and will love it for years to come (that's if you don't upgrade before then...beware the upgrade bug) I also have the Icon X series. I do agree that the center could be a little beefier. I have the XF-48s for my front and my rears and they totally overpower the XL-23. I keep the level on my center channel on six and everything else on zero. What's great about the 48s is that the entire speaker is active so they do not draw any power from your receiver. Thus leaving more power in reserve for your other speakers. Also, while these do provide descent bass, even the most modest sub would make a dramatic impact on your overall sound and movie experience. Long live Klipsch!!