Newbie here need some advice!

Magic24

Hi Klipsch family, I just purchased my 1st Klipsch from craigslist. It's Forte II for $350.

And the guy also selling his KG 4 for $200 it's 9/10 and 1 of the bass speaker was pushed in.

Is the price is high or ok? How much the KG4 goes for? And does it blend on Forte II if I use it

As a surround? Which one is better? KG 4 or KG 4.5?

I saw KG4.5 also on craigslist for $125. So I don't know which one to buy to blend on Forte II.

And what is the best receiver or amplifier/preamp for the forte II?

I like listening on jazz music and R&B. I'll put it on my living room so I'll also watch some movies!

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Moderators

Welcome [Y]

I can't help with any KG question never heard them, sorry, but buying the Forte ll's was a good move.

I'm sure someone will help with the KG question. i know the Academy and Quartet will match the Forte's but not sure about the others, I went with 6 Forte's for HT, the front three are the most important, that match and having a center channel that can keep up with the mains is really the most important positions to have a match.

Considering your just starting out with this I would get a HT receiver, unless $ in not a big concern. Any of the big name brands like Yamaha, HK, Onkyo, Pioneer, Marantz. Skip the cheesy brands like RCA the cheaper Sony's, you get the idea.

• Moderators

Thanks for the reply! That's my next step to look for the Academy, but it's hard to find!

Exactly, and the other part for me was If I could find another pair of fortes they would cost no more than an academy, sometimes cheaper. I had the room so it ended up 3 pair and a sub for 6.1, IMO sounds great for HT.

The academy is not as good as a third Forte in the front anyway, that is if a forte even fits.

Good luck and ask plenty questions, people here will steer you right, = less wasted money trying things. [Y]

Score on the forte II! The cheap upgrades for fortes are well worth it (Bob's ti tweet diaphragm and new caps for the crossover). Inexpensive, and undeniable improvement.

I lived with KG4s years ago, and feel they're not even in the same league as fortes, but for surround duty where perfect matching is less critical they may suffice.