AVR Blown?

JasonJCarney

I have been searching for a new avr. I need one for the bedroom and figured I would just move my onkyo htrc180 there and get a new avr for the HT. Well have not been using my HT much lately and since I still need one for the bedroom I decided to just move the onkyo upstairs now. Well didn't have any issues moving it. Heavy but clean and softly placed in new spot. Hooked up the left channel to a speaker and listened to tv while I finished the setup. Went to back of cabitnet to hook up other 2 channels (right and center). When I came back around front the onkyo was off and the standby red light was flashing! The cabinet Door was open and although the onkyo was hot it didn't seem to be in a situation in which it would over heat. The trouble shooting section said leave it unplugged for 60 minutes and then turn back on. Tried that and it didn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I may still be in my warranty period so I'll check on that. If u can think of anything let me know. Thx

Have you tried to power it up with all speaker wired disconnected from the rear of the unit?

Yup. The trouble shooting says disconnect everything. Just spoke to local repair guy. He said it's probably component failure of some type since it won't reset. Dealer is 1.5 hours away so I'm shipping it out instead.