Heresy II Upgrades?

audiophile03

Guest David H

Welcome to the Forums.

The upgrade for the H2 is available from Klipsch directly, it upgrades your H2 to an H3.

As I understand it is a signifigant improvement.

Dave

Welcome to the forum!

Those are some nice speakers as they are. You may find you love them as they are. I would not butcher a Heresy speaker by doing anything to it other than the Heresy II -> Heresy III upgrade you get from Klipsch parts dept. If you want to experiment, find somebody who has parted out some Heresy's, and buy the speaker empty.

Love your Heresy's, and they will love you back my friend. [:)]

The Heresy III upgrade is very worthwhile, but is meant only for 1985 and later Heresy IIs with the square connector cup at the back of the cabinet. It's not a direct fit for the earlier models with round connector cups.

The H-3 upgrade includes a new K-28 woofer, new squawker/mid driver (uses the existing mid horn), a new tweeter horn and tweeter (with titanium diaphagm), and a new and more advanced crossover. That means everything inside the cabinet, except for the mid horn.

The result is a 2dB improvement in sensitivity, from 97dB to 99dB, plus clearer mids and deeper bass (63Hz improved to 58Hz). I upgraded one of my Heresy IIs to use as a centre speaker and was very happy with the results.