HSU-VTF3 vs Klipsch Rws15

johnny24c

I am now using a KSW15 sub and was thinking of upgrading. Using RF7's for mains. Has anyone compared the HSU VTF3 to the RWS15 ? the reviews seem really good and it seems to cost half as much. Or can a 250watt 12" sub even compare to a 2400 watt 15" Klipsch?

I would recommmend looking at the SVS Ultra, they match very very very nicely with the Reference series and they will have more then enough base for you. Two slight problem...they are large and they can only be purchased online, so you can't listen to them before you put down the $$$$ but you can return them if you are not happy. www.svsubwoofers.com

-dbl

------------------

Home Theater

i'm thoroughly pleased w/the performance of my rsw-15. whole different league from the ksw-15. the svs subs put out, but if the look is a problem, or if you don't want to buy w/out hearing, or if you want an all klipsch system, try the rsw-15.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Johnny,

You sould be very impressed by the new VTF-3 from HSU.Its a killer sub,and for the price it holds its own against the SVS.

Very much like the Paradigm PW2200 with a bit extra output.Same style,and even better value for US residents,as the PW2200 is still THE buy in Canada.

Klipsch's RSW15 is a very good subwoofer buy does not give the output per dllar most want.If both were priced the same the RSW15 would be an easy choice but as you know the HSU is about half the RSW15 price.Making it a better buy.

But know bass quantity does not alway equal quality,and the RSW15 sub bass speed is a plus.Very much like the BIG JBL 15 and 18" woofers.The JBL's sound fasten then any SVS,Sunfire or Velo.Why? Very large cone surface and this also lowers distortion.Less cone movement

Anyway this was out of line. Smile.gif

I know this is a Klipsch forum but...Get a VTF-3,great buy.

TheEAR(s) Now theears