How to build a 4500Hz Modified "A-Type" crossover?

raburns

I have read others here say they like very much the Klipschorn A Type crossover modified at 4500hz. I have not been able to find any specific info or instructions on the actual change necessary to make it happen. Can anyone here help me. I currently have all original 1981 Klipschorns with AA-Type crossovers. I have owned them since then and never have abused them at all, nor even played them that much. Seriously I have even gone for more than a year at a time without even turning them on, no kidding! Recently I have been listening to my old LP's and have fallen in love with them for a second time. However, I do notice they are too bright, I mean so bright it was an instant piercing head ache, I even switched receivers by the purchase of a new Yamaha R-S300.

Please help me.

Thanks again, the Yamaha R-S300 is brand new in box and a gift so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a happy receiver of the receiver. However, the klipschorns piercing brightness is still the same as with my Nikko running them. For now I just trim them down a little, I can't wait for the new parts.

I have read others here say they like very much the Klipschorn A Type crossover modified at 4500hz. I have not been able to find any specific info or instructions on the actual change necessary to make it happen. Can anyone here help me.

This may help...

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/73099.aspx?PageIndex=1

Besides the tutorial, a copy of the modified schematic is included.

Bruce