Audyessy

HAMP

Just go on facebook and talk to Chris, I promise you he will know alot more than anyone here can tell you.

I guessin' he won't tell him much different than what I've told him given that "Chris" has already written about it before. Fwiw, these are common questions that would be redundant for him to answer, imo. {EDIT: and probably hired a tech to answer those questions anyway. [;)]}

Hey guys, I have been messing with it in between watching the Lions game. I could not get the center to give any other hz then the 150. I changed a few things and it would not budge.

I raised the center and titled it down. I was thinking maybe my headboard was causing some issues, so I piled pillows. I took things out of the room. I brought my towers out some, not as much as I think was suggested but out a about 6in

All the settings pretty much changed each time except for the center. I even made sure that both woofers were working and yes they are.

I changed my tower down to 50Hz and I’m kinda going back and forth with bringing the center down a little bit.

It’s not that serious, especially as much as I have put into it today. It’s just my bedroom setup, It’s mainly for putting in a movie/streaming netflix and falling asleep too.

Thanks for everyone support in this matter.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have been messing with it in between watching the Lions game. I could not get the center to give any other hz then the 150. I changed a few things and it would not budge.

All the settings pretty much changed each time except for the center. I even made sure that both woofers were working and yes they are.

I changed my tower down to 50Hz and I’m kinda going back and forth with bringing the center down a little bit.

I can see where your center is located that 150 Hz may be it...That's not a bad thing if it sounds good...If you get a larger center it would probably go lower but not by much...Also I would raise your towers up to 80 Hz because your subwoofer should provide lower than that and give you some headroom for your other speakers...It sounds like you are getting it dialed in. Oh, yeah...If your center still registers at 150 Hz, I would keep the horn pointed at the LP and make it as aesthetic as possible and not worry about raising it. Good Luck.

Kinda on another subject with the center, I’m surprised that my onkyo set the db levels so far apart from the towers, and not only how far apart but in which direction it went. I am use to seeing either the center and towers about the same or some put the center channel louder then the rest. As many times as I re-ran audyessy, it always has put the center channel 3.5db lower then the towers.

So, far, I' not having any center channel dialog low issue, if anything it seem to be 3.5db higher then the towers

• Like 1

...As many times as I re-ran audyessy, it always has put the center channel 3.5db lower then the towers.

So, far, I' not having any center channel dialog low issue, if anything it seem to be 3.5db higher then the towers

Get an SPL meter and run a test tone because that surprises me as well...It should be level matched by Audyssey and given your speakers can't imagine that the trim level was bumped up that much (That's why you need an SPL meter because I may be wrong and your hearing could be playing tricks on you). Btw, what are the levels it's giving your speakers and subwoofer relative to each other?

checked with meter, and they all are at 70db's

I did bump up my sub to 78db's

Left and right are at (-8.5)

center channel is at (-11.5)

My bad, that's 3db, not 3.5db, I must have been looking at my surr left(-8.0), surr right(8.5)

rear surrounds(9.5)

I am using Transformers:DOTM

and everything seems to blend well.

• Like 1

Here is a link for a guide on bass management. There are 2 parts to this topic and you may also find to lengthy papers on subwoofers.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/subwoofers/95817-guide-bass-management-part-i.html

I appreciate the link but couldn't find what you stated. Fwiw, I feel you may be confusing several issues, but when audyssey sets multiple crossover points it does so with the environment in mind and how the speaker reacts in the room.

I still don't understand why your center channel's trim is so high and would be curious what was the level that your Subwoofer had in comparison. Fwiw, if you are hearing it as higher there is a chance that it may be, although some people prefer to do that when their center channel is smaller than their mains. Again, if it sounds good I wouldn't change anything.

I still don't understand why your center channel's trim is so high and would be curious what was the level that your Subwoofer had in comparison. Fwiw, if you are hearing it as higher there is a chance that it may be, although some people prefer to do that when their center channel is smaller than their mains. Again, if it sounds good I wouldn't change anything.

The sub was at (-10) or (-10.5).

It all sounds fine, but as you and I know, those are some wierd numbers. I was hoping to get to somewhere, to where I understood the numbers and maybe it would be a little better. It just possible my hearing is not the happiest, because I am only with one sub. I had two sub 12's with that setup before and loved the bass.

My main systems has even larger subs, I'm just a basshead, but at no time do I have it setup to where the bass is overpowering the rest of the system.

• Like 1