Small portable Bluetooth speakers?

dsumma

S4A headphones: http://www.klipsch.com/image-S4A-headphones

I've used several different wireless systems, Bluetooth in my car, AirPlay at home. The only one that has produced OK sound quality was the audioengine AW-1 wireless pair.

I'm guessing if you want Klipsch you want sound quality. Staying "on the wire" sounds better, at least until you reach the like of the Logitech Sqeezebox or Transporter. At least for me.

IF you get an iPhone (I have a 4, but they're all the same in this regard, including the 4S), you'll get much better sound quality taking the line level out (bottom connector -- requires a special adapter cable but they're cheap) and an external volume control than using the headphone jack on the top. No idea if the same is true on Android phones or not.

Lou

My road test kit is a Bluetooth Motorola S705 to a slightly modded Sonic Impact 15w T-amp hooked to a pair of 10' 12ga Monster cables that will run on 8 AA's and sounds really good hooked to the Cornwall's or Heresy's.

Looks crazy & amazes passers by when they hear tunes cranking from a little plastic box with banana plugged giant cables not even plugged into AC!

I typically wirelessly stream Bluetooth stereo from a iphone,ipad or Android device to test speakers, cool huh? (and for you hardcore iOS fanboi's Yes even FART apps!)

Plays casually loud 4-5 hours wireless or wired wall warts for all day long. Put the iPhone in a zipbag and DJ from the pool! Good signal to noise within about 30' line of sight in my pocket.

bt road kit

dMIKe1YCfKZsOe5FUMIQd2wOcO3Qin0jVvDhRsSF