Anyone seen "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" yet?

Kain

If so, how was it? How is the sound? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

I saw in a midnight preview

the sound was....

LOUD!!!!!!

No really, and of course, it was also 6 point surround in digital.

Word of advise, and I'm not giving away any more spoilers (after I just gave away the script)

The love scene between Padme and Anakin just plain sucks. The movie, for some reason, kept cutting between Obi-wan, on Kamino and the two lovebirds on Naboo - one moment action, the next moment romance, then action, then romance. The 'love dialogue' was undoubtly the worst - utterly corny, cliched and totally sophomoric. The last 45 mins was totally awesome, and Yoda really kicked butt (you have to see it)

goin'2morrow p.m.

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I figure I wont be going for about a month or so. No way I can go without my oldest son. And he is too young to stand outside for hours to wait in line. So I have to wait until the lines die down.cwm25.gif

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Yay! Smile.gif

I am gonna go watch it today in about three hours in a SDDS theater. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

KAiN64

Well, it has been well over 3 hours... Your report is past duecwm12.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Yes I saw it as well. I liked it a lot, but I don't think it's a great movie. You're going to get mixed reactions as with any movie. But I think most fans of the series will enjoy it. Natalie Portman is beautiful, but the puppy love scenes with her and Anakin did kind of suck. I attribute it to sub par dialogue and bad editing on Lucas' part. Sound was awesome. In particular, the slave 1 gattling lasers and depth charges. I also happened to catch the matrix 2 trailer which was incredible. My advice is if you enjoyed any of the star wars movies, then go see this one and judge for yourself. Stop reading the reviews because there are a lot of spoilers out there. If nothing else, it is a good popcorn movie.

-UP

------------------

Will you marry me Natalie Portman? What? No? Awwww man.. Why not?

This message has been edited by Underhanded Penguin on 05-16-2002 at 06:55 PM

Well, here I am. When I came back from the theater it was 1:40 AM and was too sleepy to write my reactions. cwm32.gif

Anyway, overall it was a good movie. I agree that those "love sceens" really did suck. Secondly, I Anikan's (spelling?) acting was pretty bad. But the sound and visual effects made up for that. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

I saw it a second time yesterday. One of my friends wanted to go see it so I said "what the hell" and went with him. I also saw Spiderman yesterday also (the 2 PM showing of Star Wars was sold out so we went and saw Spiderman instead and got tickets for the 5:20 showing of Star Wars, which we went into right after Spiderman was over).

Yes, the special effects and sound was awesome, especially in the last part of the movie. I guess I am not the only one that thought the romance scenes was a bit on the cheesy/corny side. The Spiderman romance scenes was much better. Seems like the complaint for Episode I was not enough romance and now the complaint is too much/overdone romance! At least Jar Jar was not anywhere near as annoying as he was in Episode I.

Overall, I liked it much better then Episode I. I am looking forward to see Episode III. It will be interesting to see how the Empire actually comes into power as well as how Darth Vadar actually comes to be, amongst other things (just excatly 'how' did Prince Laia manage to get those plans to the Death Star).

Interestingly, if anybody was curious as to what I actually look like in person, just take a look at Obi-Wan Kanobi in Episode II. I look very similiar to him, although my hair is a little more curly. Other than that, the same color, thickness, and length of hair, same color eyes, same type of beard and about the same size(maybe a little bigger) Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC- (Center)

RC- (Rear)

RS- (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 05-19-2002 at 03:08 PM

I saw Stars Wars V (the second episode) and so did not expect much from this movie. The computer animation is very good these days (I really like Jurassic Park III), but this movie left me cold, mad and feeling ripped off. I thought George Lucas was aiming for a much younger audience, setting them up for the next one and the next one after that. It was a kid's movie, much like Lord of the Rings. This one is also just too much. Too many characters, with too little depth. Too many scenes with so little meaning. Too many words with so little dialogue.

This is a long movie. I got bored with all the action sequences, and I love sci-fi action movies (Commando, Terminator, Blade Runner, 2001, The Rock, Total Recall, Star Gate, The Abyss, Men in Black, U-571, Matrix, Speed, Independence Day, Time Cop). These characters are wooden, except for the engaging Natalie Portman. Nobody gets a scuff on their face. Nobody shows any sign of emotion. It looks like the actors expected their emotions to be added in digitally after they read their lines. The scenes look gorgeously fake. Rich in detail, weak in content.

Oh, it was celebration of all things that are Star Wars, of course. The committee that planned this movie didn't miss a single bureaucratic reference to any of the future characters. Hints of upcoming events were subtle etched into the dialogue. Right. As subtly as a *****'s lipstick. The new ideas and innovations, such as the rolling fighters in the fourth movie (Episode I) come at you by the dozens, the plot line spins you around good and evil themes like a Ferris Wheel. In fact, the whole thing was one big, noisy carnival ride. Nothing but special effects. It is not a dramatic movie. It is a big costume drama. Think Wild, Wild West or Batman. There you have a good, entertaining, money making movie that people will forget in a few years time.

This is not the original. It is not the significant blockbuster that they should teach about in film school. This was not a drama. It was not "prose telling a serious story" or a serious narrative work. It does not portray "a dramatic progression or emotional effect." This is not The Sixth Sense, American Beauty, Cider House Rules, As Good as It Gets, Notting Hill or Amelie. It wasn't even the simple romp of Gone in Sixty Seconds.

The sound is as good as you can expect these days. I enjoyed the airplane crash sequence in Jurassic Park III a lot more. Much better use of the medium. Or the horn in Titanic. There was a reason that The Matrix trounced Star Wars IV at the Academy Awards. It is a much better movie.

This message has been edited by Colin on 05-20-2002 at 05:34 PM

really enjoyed the story/excitement in the first three(sw,esb,r of j)still enjoyed story/special effects of episode 1, this one, while acoustically/visually entertaining had little suspense/drama, but the next, IF well done, might be THE ONE. yeah-they got me lookin' for the next one. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Whooo Hoooo, I finally got to see it. And I personally think it was the best of them all. I MUST SEE IT AGAIN...cwm35.gif

Is the DVD out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

cwm27.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system