Question about dual RW-12D setup

MRC2011

I am in the process of upgrading to dual RW12-D's on a Sony STR-V444ES which has two seperate sub outs, so no problem. However, if I upgrade to a receiver that only has a single sub out, then what is the effect of splitting the line level signal to two subs? Will I notice a reduction in volume or sound quality? So is there a difference in running dual subs when you have only one sub out versus two?

I am in the process of upgrading to dual RW12-D's on a Sony STR-V444ES which has two seperate sub outs, so no problem. However, if I upgrade to a receiver that only has a single sub out, then what is the effect of splitting the line level signal to two subs?

No effect, just adjust the gain on the sub amps if necessary.

Thanks for the reply. Based on your respone would there be any advantage in using a line level amp on the sub out to boost the signal?

No need for that. Adjust the gain knob on the subs to make room sound the best. Just use a y-splitter on the single sub out. With two subs, you will get more gain than loss by using a splitter, I'm pretty sure.

Put this to mind... The receiver is sending the signal to the amps. The amps are what is powering the subwoofers.

From my knowledge, I believe you won't have a loss of signal nor a lack of power since the subs are not being powered by your recover but rather your built-in amplifiers on each subwoofer. And as stated you may adjust the gain on each subwoofer to add more bass however you'll already be doubling the amount of cone space from 12" to 24" thus increasing the bass.

Sounds like your going to have a pretty nice setup! Enjoy!!

And as stated you may adjust the gain on each subwoofer to add more bass however you'll already be doubling the amount of cone space from 12" to 24" thus increasing the bass.

Actually, the cone area of two 12" drivers is about the same as one 17" driver but I get your point[;)].