Lepai mini amp

Rivernuggets

Wow, CHEEP! Be interested to hear if it is any good. I bought a similar product from PE a few years ago, and it sounded awful. However, always open to new ideas and more money doesn't always meand better. Plenty of power there for my Frazier Patios...if it don't suck!

Since I use an FM transmitter for household (and neighborhood!) audio distribution this kind of thing is really useful when they work well.

Dave

The other Lepai does have the 1/8" pin jack. You probably already know that, but if anyone else doesn't and is looking for a very cheap, very small (which can also be used in 12V applications) nice sounding amp, they're hard to beat. For grins I hooked on up to my KG5.2s and was very happy...up to about 9, then it begins to show it's limitations. But for a bedroom or office etc, it would be adequate.

You could always use a 1/8 to RCA connector. That's what Throat Warbler Mangrove uses on his Raymond Luxury Yacht-t-t-t-t-t-t-t.

For grins I hooked on up to my KG5.2s and was very happy...up to about 9, then it begins to show it's limitations.

That being the case I may give one a try. It should shine with Fraziers given their extreme efficiency in small sizes.

Good to hear. I was burned on that other one PE was selling. I really didn't expect it to be great and was pretty well convinced you had to go out of your way to build a really crappy sounding SS amp...but I can away convinced otherwise. Yuk!

Dave

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lepai-2020-Stereo-hi-fi-TRIPATH-amplifier-AMP-adapter-/320678441760?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa9ecb320

Here's a link to the type that I purchased. The one listed in the original post looks like it may be a superior unit.

For grins, I hooked it up to my brothers Chorus while he was at work. I was listening to them when he came home using my ipod as the source, so a lousy signal. I was on the couch with all the junk in my lap. He was curious as to why there wires running all over the room and amazed when he realized that the Chours were hooked up to the Lepai. He now has one on his desk at work with some Klipsch PC speaks.

35 bucks? I've got two spares for the boat. One is in a TO GO bag along with a small 12V motorcycle battery and a pair of small Klipsch bookshelf speakers. In North Carolina one can drive a 4WD truck on many of the beaches and spend a day in near solitude. Needless to say my TO GO bag is the first thing packed. If the one above is a superior unit, I'll probably have to buy one of them as well.