I whant to upgrade my hd500

Daoust

Hello everyone

I m new to this forum and I m a newbie in audiotheather.

we just bought recently the hd500 speaker kit and the 5.1

onkyo HT-RC370 7.2

we are curently looking to buy the f30 speaker to do a 7.1 system . Now I whant your oppinion on this kind of setup. Is the f30 is a good match for my hd500 speaker kit ? What do you recomand for upgrade the hd500???

Thank you for your time

Francis

The hd500 is a sub and 5 channel plus sub set up this is a great entry level setup. Your Onkyo is a 7.2 so going with the f30s for your fronts I would move the mains that came with the hd500 setup to your surrounds, and your surrounds to your surround backs. But I would upgrade your center to the c20 so you have a good timbre match. Since your Onkyo seems to have 2 sub outs, you could go with only on sub which depending on your room size might be all right if not I would find either a matching sub or scrap the sub and and find 2 of the same.

How big is your room, there are lots around here with many different setups in many different rooms and can tell you were money is best spent. But I must warn you if you have joined this forum all ready looking to upgrade you must have been bitten by the upgrade bug which means you will get bitten again. So drop the money and go with a all 7.2 Reference line setup, and put that hd500 in your bedroom, or donate it to a friend or family that you feel would appreciate good sound, plus you will need a close by friend to share your new hobbie and interest in. Hope I don't scare you away cheers and have fun.

ok , if I understand your advise it will be a good bet to get the f30 with the hd500 to do a 7.1 and to change the center to the c-20. For the sub , if I upgrade latter to 2 sub , this sub most be identical ?

For my room size it is 12 by 15 feets , it is a appartement but we are building a house this year so the room will be bigger . As for the upgrade bug , I was born with it lol but for now we don t have the money to satisfy this bug because of the project of building a house so that why I whant to upgrade this kit for now .

For my reciever , at first I bought the sony STRDH520 and I switch to the onkyo HT-RC370 , I will recieve the onkyo next week . Do you belive I will ear a difference between this 2 recievers or it is just a matter of speakers like the seller told me?

Francis

Pretty much your, reciever can make a difference in sound some like one brand over another. But if you like the sound now you will most likely like it when you up grade. A for the sub you might be fine for now I wouldnt worry to much untill you get in your new place. But it sounds like you are on the right path. And yes I would up grade that center as soon as you can after you upgrade your fronts.

Your hd 500's will work great as surrounds. I used the hd300's as surrounds for a while myself. I also owned the f-3's as mains. I would opt for the c-30 as your center channel. It's a great speaker and will match. But honestly you can use your hd500 center channel for a while if you wanted to wait on the center channel upgrade. I used the hd300 as a center and didn't hate it.