Changed from small to large

wuzzzer

I checked and when playing CDs the sub and main speakers are playing. There isn't a separate setting in the receiver's menu for 'double bass' or anything like that so I'm glad its set that way by default!

Be careful here guys - it's one thing to let each speaker ( or at least your fronts ) reproduce full range frequencies by setting to LARGE, it's quite a burden on even the stoutest mains speaker to expect it to put out the LFE .1 channel where all the real SUB bass lives. That's what the SUB/MAINS/BOTH switch is for on the Yamaha series of receivers. I use LARGE but keep the LFE going only to the subs. For most of you with larger front speakers, setting at least the L/R to LARGE will improve the sense of movement of large objects like fireballs, trucks, tanks etc. If the director panned the soundfield correctly you'll feel the movement across the sound field instead of just hearing the rumble coming from that box in the corner (bass being only 'largely omnidirectional' - play a test tone of 40-80 Hz at one side, then the other - yeah you can tell where it's coming from, can't you? ) ; D Also on my Yammie there is and A and B preset buttons on the remote so I can switch between two different soundfield presets depending on what I'm listening to, and it memorizes a different set of presets for each input source. For me LP = L/R Large no sub, CD = L/R Large + Sub, DVD = L/R small (LS), Surr Large (CW) + Sub.