Pic of KLF-10 CC

Mlstrass

Finally had time to make a shelf to hold it above the TV so NO magnetic interference. Also the DVD's are on a DIY rack I made out of some scrap MDF and a piece of 1x2.

The "hammertone silver" face really looks nice with the Mahogony, so I plan on leaving the grill off. Looks MUCH better than in the pic.

I've also moved the C7 to rear center duties so I now have an ALL Legend 6.1 set-up. I plan on watching "Behind Enemy Lines" tonight to see how it all sounds.

Glad to hear that you got that KLF-10CC to work with your system. Looks good - must be pretty cool to have a complete Legend setup now Smile.gif. I bet it does indeed sound awesome (especially with that kick-@$$ sub you got/made).

Unfortunatly, right now, I only have half a system. No center, no rear, and no surrounds. Just a pair of RF-7s and REL Storm III sub (with a Yamaha YST-SW40 as a second sub). To watch anything, I had to "fake" it by making my reciever create a phantom center and using my old pair of Infinity RS2000.5 towers as the surrounds (and crank up the surround levels to even come near what the RF-7s can produce). This is due to the fact that my dealer was completely out of RS-7s and RC-7s and won't have anymore until at least monday. Then, I'll be able to get the missing speakers and complete my system again. It would have been nice that they told me that I could have kept my R-3IIs before I went and packed them up and returned them! Oh well, at least it is only till monday.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC- (Center)

RC- (Rear)

RS- (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

At least you only have to wait until Monday. My sub amp was on B/O for almost 3 months cwm10.gif

Sounds like you're putting together a very nice system. Are you going to get an RC-7 for the center? You could probably move the Infinity's to the back center as there's usually nothing but low level background stuff so they should blend OK.

Mlstrass said:

Sounds like you're putting together a very nice system. Are you going to get an RC-7 for the center? You could probably move the Infinity's to the back center as there's usually nothing but low level background stuff so they should blend OK.

This is what I am getting:

RF-7s for fronts, RS-7s for surrounds, RC-7 for center and a second RC-7 for the rear. Yeah, I probably could have gotten away with using the Infinity towers as the rears (and perhap, saved some money), but I wanted a complete, matched set of speakers. Since my Denon reciever can allow two sets of surrounds, I went and hooked up the Inifinity towers as a second pair of surrounds (might as well use'em if I got'em - same with that Yamaha sub I went and hooked up also).

I had the complete package of Reference 3II speakers, but decided to sink the extra cash for a Reference 7 setup instead.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC- (Center)

RC- (Rear)

RS- (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

AWESOME setup skonopa....don't blame you for going to the entire Ref setup. Louder & more detailed is better!

Got my second chance to hear the KLF-10CC tonight when watching "Behind Enemy Lines". Dialogue was loud & clear and the F/X in this movie are great. Sub really had the couch shaking. My mother/father in-law are getting used to the extreme listening levels and don't even jump that much anymore during explosions cwm4.gif

Looks like I need to build a 2nd sub....