Risers for Cornwalls -- Extra tall

rpampt

Instead of the typical 2" or so risers, I needed to make some that were about 8 inches tall. As you can see, I have a rock hearth that my woodstove sits on that is about 7 inches high. One of the Cornwalls needs to sit between the hearth and the wall, and there is not room to angle it enough for my liking, so I needed to raise it up to clear the stone. Since my Cornwalls are the baltic birch type, that's what I made this out of with just a little stain and some danish oil finish. I am going to refinish the cabinets at some point, and will try and reproduce this color on them. If I don't like how they turn out (since they have some pretty good dings to fix), then I'll probably add new veneer and veneer the bases to match. In the mean time, they serve the purpose and didn't turn out too bad.

I don't have them mounted to the speakers, but it's probably necessary. I can even fill them up with something, but that's doubtful.

post-53962-13819687030252_thumb.jpg

Nope that hearth is not going anywhere. [;)] I liked the look of the "Klipsch" on the front. Speaker on the other side has to straddle the transistion from wood floor to carpet, so it needed to have some short legs. That's why it doesn't have a flat bottom. I tried putting the original black riser underder the 8 inch riser. It was larger and gave it more of a pedestal look, but then I couldn't angle it enough because the hearth still got in the way.

The black on the bottom compliments the grill me thinks. Anyway, thanks for the nice comment.

• 2 weeks later...