The search begins for Forte, Chorus, KLF.....

Klipschtastic

Get some new diaphragms into the tweeters of those KLF20 as the stock ones are poly and they degrade the presentation. You can find old used phenolic diaphragms which are what are in thestock Forte ll use a set of those in place of the poly in the KLF's or simply buy a set of Crites Ti tweeter diaphragms they are only $30.00 each. Try to keep your comparison as equal as you can. Best regards Moray James.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this thread but obviously I did. I started out my Klipsch collection with a pair of Forte II's; actually strike that, I first bought a KLF C7. Then I added the rear surrounds (RS-3 II) then a sub (RW-12d). I recently bought a pair of KLF 20's and they do shake things up, but to my ear the Forte's were much clearer on the highs without any mods at 22 years old. My KLF 20's are also bone stock but only about 12 years old. To be fair I did just recently get the 20's up and running after a bit of shipping damage to a mid horn lens. So I'm still playing around with crossover settings, Audessy set the front stage at 40Hz and the rears at 60Hz. I've been reading up on the Crites Ti tweeters and I'm leaning toward giving those a shot with the hopes that they will clear up some of the highs. My AVR only puts out 90 watts per channel, so perhaps I need to put a bit more powerto the 20's as well.

You can swap the tweeters from your Forte ll straight into your KLF20 for a listen as the phenolics are much better than the stock ploy of the KLF20. The diaphragm size and horns of these two speakers are identical. I the KLF20 the diaphragms are poly plastic. Have fun. Best regards Moray James.

I've got the Forte's in 2 chanel in my home office, odds are I'll just swing for the Crites Ti upgrade for the 20's. Heck maybe all the way around, it's only 5 of them to do the works. I did run my setup again today after moving some things around and things improved a bit. I just don't have much space in my front room; so I know that's going to be challenging.

If you still want them I should have a pair of horn lenses for you soon. One is busted at the throat, which I fixed; the other has a 2 inch crack from the corner down. Though cost of shipping etc. it may just be better to get new ones from the parts dept.