Upgrading my fronts- What's a good match with my RC64?

CoasterMatt

Hey all,

I recently got a RC-64 to replace my RC-35, which was quite a nice instant upgrade. I'm now looking to replace my current fronts (A pair of RB-35 on stands) with some floorstanders. I hardly ever see any RF-63s for sale (at least not where anybody will ship), and I'm not quite sure I can put out the cash for a pair of RF 83s at the moment (There are a couple of pair on ebay right now, that I'd love, but still stinging from paying off a new roof and new bathroom).

Anyway, I've seen some deals on RF-82ii's and have wondered, how would they pair up with my RC64 (not ii)? Any suggestions on other floorstanders that would go well with it?

Thanks,

Matt

• Moderators

I recently got a RC-64 to replace my RC-35

Congrats Matt! You are going to love the RC-64. Definitely a noticable upgrade from the RC-35.

My suggestion is that if you really have your heart set on the RF-63 or RF-83, don't "settle" for anything else. Save up, be patient, look for deals etc. Although they don't pop up too often, I've seen a pair of RF-63's sell local to me for under $900. You can always use your RF-35's until you find that perfect deal. And once you do, and you get a great price on them, you will thank yourself for waiting. willland in the forums loves his RF-63's and I love my RF-83's. Absolute beast speakers.

There are two pair on Audiogon now but I think they are both a bit overpriced.